We are heartbroken to share the news that our president and phycologist, Dr. Ann St. Amand, passed away suddenly on October 7th after a long and courageous battle with cancer. She was a friend and colleague to many. She will be greatly missed.
Please hold off on sending phytoplankton and zooplankton samples to be analyzed by manual microscopy. At this time, we will only be able to offer the following services:
- Phytoplankton analysis with IFCB (Full Assemblage and HAB Only)
- Zebra mussel veliger counts
- Macroinvertebrate family counts
- Microcystin toxin stick tests (recreational, 0-10ppb)
- Chlorophyll a
- Archival phytoplankton slide mounts with HPMA
- Archival zooplankton mounts with HMPA
- Archival diatom mounts with Naphrax
We will do our best to meet our standard turnaround times, but we expect some delays in data delivery over the next several weeks.
We are in the process of reaching out individually to customers with current contracts and samples in-house.
Thank you for your patience and prayers during this difficult time
Check our Facebook page for additional news, updates, donation opprotunities, services etc.
PhycoTech Staff & St. Amand Family